Process Development Engineer
This opportunity is for an experienced Process Development Engineer to join the Power R&D team to develop diffusion processes for next-generation silicon carbide power MOSFETs. In this position, you will primarily be responsible for critical unit process steps involving oxidation and polysilicon deposition, but you will also be expected to understand and contribute to the entire process flow for power devices.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Provide career opportunities in a rapidly growing business with a world class, fast-paced organization working alongside experts in the field.
- Offer potential for professional and technical growth developing groundbreaking power semiconductor technology.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- You will be responsible for developing and optimizing thermal oxidation and polysilicon deposition processes for silicon power MOSFETs.
- This will include hardware specification, process experimentation, and required metrology to characterize and control the process.
- You will also be responsible for the fabrication of multiple types of power devices as well as the prioritization and organization of lots that are necessary to validate the success of your projects.
What you need for success:
- Requires a BS in Chemical or Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science or other relevant Physical Science.
- 5+ years of semiconductor diffusion process experience, preferably including polysilicon deposition processes and tools as well as the metrology related to these processes.
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card Holder.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- MS or PhD in Chemical or Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Material Science or other relevant Physical Science.
- >10 years of semiconductor process experience.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top