Process Development Engineer
You want to be part of a dynamic, growing Process and Package Development Team in Morgan Hill to develop RF power processes and packages and help to develop new backend processes for package assembly technologies.
In this role you will:
- Bring package Innovation to the RF power packaging portfolio and contribute to the packaging roadmap for the Wolfspeed RF Power Division
- Define and optimize of critical process parameters and validate their reliability
- Design new customized tooling to adopt off the shelf equipment (Datacon EVO, Palomar) for our high volume production.
- Support Development for GaN/SiC on Copper substrates for high power RF power applications.
- Manage Development Milestone- and Feasibility Projects
You are best equipped for this job if you have the following profile:
- BS,MS and PhD preferred in Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering or Applied Science
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Process engineering, Package or Process Development or in Product Engineering in a high technology
- Experience in high volume manufacturing, high power application and high RF power is preferred
- Project Management Experience is a plus
- Understanding of (Open Cavity) Packages for RF high power applications
- Experience with SMT Assembly is a plus
- Knowledge of DieAttach and Assembly equipment, Datacon, Esec, Palomar,…
- Ability to provide good quality results under pressure and in a timely manner.
- Highly motivated and must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good analytical and problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Hands on experience on engineering methods such as FMEA, SPC, Pareto Analysis, Control Charts, 8D methodology and DoE.
- Good interpersonal skills to interface with customers and support groups within Infineon
- Business acumen to assess technical viability of solutions provided
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top