Process Applications Engineer
This senior process development engineer will work very closely with RF product owners, operations, development engineering and management to engage customers and address technical questions related to field failures, misprocessed material or other issues. The candidate will have a wide responsibility that includes also some development work, including traveler management, layout, process design, electrical measurement and production inspection tasks. The engineer will perform in a role of individualized process applications support related to all aspects of GaN and SiC processes.
The candidate will be completely knowledgeable with various GaN HEMT R&D device activities in the fab, how to develop detailed process travelers of die through the fabrication, package and test. She/he will be required to analyze yield, determine root cause and implement new process improvements in many areas of concentration, including etch, photolithography, metallization, wet processing, implantation, backend processing, test and assembly. As such, she/he will disposition wafer fabrication lots in the Fab and P&T area to be able to bring customers’ technical questions to closure. It will be imperative for this engineer to interface with program managers, device scientists, other R&D engineers, circuit designers and fabrication engineers. While this activity will require coordination with Fab Operations during development phase of new processes for GaN HEMTs, success in this position will require previous hands-on process development and integration experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent,
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work in a team environment are imperative for this employee.
- A chief qualification is previous semiconductor fabrication and test experience; preferably related to III-V or GaN RF power devices.
- Previous hands-on experience and good understanding of full process flow required for complex devices and circuits.
- A standard background of materials characterization experience is a must – g., AFM, SEM, ellipsometry, reflectometry.
- Modern data analysis skills such as JMP and Excel.
- The candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- 10+ years of experience working in a semiconductor fab, or university lab.
- Dielectric thin films process optimization.
- Understanding of device electrical measurements.
- Programming language background: VisualBasic, LabView or other.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top