Process Applications Engineer
This senior process development engineer will work very closely with RF product owners, operations, development engineering and management to engage customers and address technical questions related to field failures, misprocessed material or other issues. The candidate will have a wide responsibility that includes also some development work, including traveler management, layout, process design, electrical measurement and production inspection tasks. The engineer will perform in a role of individualized process applications support related to all aspects of GaN and SiC processes.
The candidate will be completely knowledgeable with various GaN HEMT R&D device activities in the fab, how to develop detailed process travelers of die through the fabrication, package and test. She/he will be required to analyze yield, determine root cause and implement new process improvements in many areas of concentration, including etch, photolithography, metallization, wet processing, implantation, backend processing, test and assembly. As such, she/he will disposition wafer fabrication lots in the Fab and P&T area to be able to bring customers’ technical questions to closure. It will be imperative for this engineer to interface with program managers, device scientists, other R&D engineers, circuit designers and fabrication engineers. While this activity will require coordination with Fab Operations during development phase of new processes for GaN HEMTs, success in this position will require previous hands-on process development and integration experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent,
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work in a team environment are imperative for this employee.
- A chief qualification is previous semiconductor fabrication and test experience; preferably related to III-V or GaN RF power devices.
- Previous hands-on experience and good understanding of full process flow required for complex devices and circuits.
- A standard background of materials characterization experience is a must – g., AFM, SEM, ellipsometry, reflectometry.
- Modern data analysis skills such as JMP and Excel.
- The candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- 10+ years of experience working in a semiconductor fab, or university lab.
- Dielectric thin films process optimization.
- Understanding of device electrical measurements.
- Programming language background: VisualBasic, LabView or other.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top