Responsible for managing the pricing and margin strategy for the commercial lighting business in the US and Latin America.
This is a highly visible role across both executive leadership and internally with cross-functional team leaders in product management, customer service, finance and the sales organization. It is paramount that the pricing manager have the ability to quantify and articulate associated pricing risk and plan/implementation actions. The manager will also drive timely pricing reviews with senior leadership and field ad hoc requests from front line sales that will require analysis and consideration of future implications to Cree pricing structure.
Specific daily functions many include but are not limited to:
- Establishment and monitoring of overall pricing strategy
- Monitoring industry and marketplace dynamics
- Analyzing financial impacts of proposed price changes
- Create points of view on competitive environment & propose price changes
Team of 4 including 3 pricing analysts.
- Partner across cross-functional teams in structuring and executing analyses required to develop pricing recommendations (Product Management, Sales & Channel Teams)
- Manage and govern channel pricing structure for commercial lighting products
- Initiate, develop, coordinate, and generate recommendations for strategic product launch plans in conjunction with the product management team
- Engage with Senior Leadership with pricing KPI reporting and analysis to identify issues to review. Manage daily pricing reviews as needed with PM team and senior management
- Drive continuous improvements to generate efficiencies in process and to define and control pricing strategies
- Work to improve communications between sales, product management and pricing team regarding pricing activities, identifying and monitoring business risks and opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in financial management, accounting, statistics or related technical field. MBA HIGHLY preferred
- 5+ years of experience in financial modeling & analytics
- 3+ years of experience supporting and managing pricing decisions, including segmentation analysis, competitive benchmarking, portfolio tiering and statistical price sensitivity modeling
- 3+ years of experience with leadership of teams – direct or indirect (manage via influence)
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company
- Ability to read and interpret financial documents, business model materials and contracts or related documents based on corporate legal and external reporting standards and philosophy
- Travel 15-20%
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top