Power Test Engineer
This Power Wafer Test Engineer position will be part of a team responsible for all aspects of Power (Schottky diode and MOSFET) wafer level/device test. This engineering role will be responsible for developing, sustaining, and improving wafer level test. The successful candidate will be a resourceful, hands-on, problem solver with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical challenges.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
This role is within a fast paced and startup-like development environment, which processes completed semiconductor wafers into individual die for direct customer sales and captive assembly operations. As a test engineering team member, the access provided to current testing hardware, software and training materials will further the development of the technical skills to be utilized daily. This role and the associated responsibilities are expected to expand with forecast expansion of the business over the next 12-24 months.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Primary responsibility is to develop, sustain and improve processes for electrical testing of wafers and devices for Cree’s Power and RF Division.
- Generate and maintain complete process documentation, procedures and capacity models for High Voltage (HV) on-wafer power testing.
- Utilize SPC methods to monitor integrity of the HV on-wafer test systems.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of data that is uploaded to the master database for archival and data mining.
- Maintain calibrated test stations and probe cards (including backups) to minimize tool down time.
- Diagnosis problems and implement corrective actions on HV on-wafer test systems.
- Oversee training and certification of production personnel on HV on-wafer test systems.
- Design and execute electrical and mechanical experiments to improve measurement and process yields.
- Develop SW to maximize testing throughput while maintaining product integrity to specifications.
- Apply knowledge of object oriented design and good coding practices to develop and validate robust production test software.
- Collaborate with other SW engineers to develop and maintain a robust process for SW verification and control.
- Generate equipment requirements for capital purchase in line with the new product roadmap and bring those tools on-line within the project schedule.
- Work with product development on test strategies that minimize wafer probe requirements while maintaining product integrity to specifications.
What you need for success:
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or equivalent such as Physics with Test Engineering Experience)
- 4+ years experience in electrical testing, Power Electronics preferred
- Hands-on experience with operation and/or programming of on-wafer test equipment such as Semiconductor Analyzers, Signal Generators, Power Supplies, DMMs, Oscilloscopes and Curve Tracers
- Ability to read and understand circuit schematics
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Access databases
- Basic Knowledge of SPC and experimental design
- High energy, self motivated attitude with strong communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with different backgrounds and at every level of the organization
- Driven to deliver “operator friendly” production test solutions
- Strong attention to detail while effectively managing time
- Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done
- Candidate shall be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Candidate must have excellent English communication skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Experience with SQL Queries, including Join
- Extensive data analysis and programming skills (Access, JMP, .Net, VB, or C#)
- Extensive experience with SPC and experimental design
- 3+ years experience in semiconductor wafer level test and manufacturing
- 4+ years experience with VB6, VB.NET or C#.NET
- Experience with compound semiconductor FET technologies
- In-depth technical knowledge of semiconductor wafer probing equipment
- Extensive MOSFET and/or diode device level testing experience
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top