Power Product Engineer
Cree | Wolfspeed’s Global Operations team is seeking a high potential, resourceful, problem solving Product Engineer Manufacturing to focus on Manufacturing Quality and driving improved responses to customer complaints. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, deadline-oriented manufacturing environment and work across multiple teams to drive root cause investigation and detailed customer responses. This role will have the opportunity to function across our LED and Power product lines at all manufacturing sites. A successful candidate will take customer feedback, inline testing results, and failure analysis to drive corrective and preventative actions and continuous quality improvement.
Cree | Wolfspeed will be unable to sponsor or transfer a visa for this position now or in the future.
Initially, this position will be located at our Durham, North Carolina facility. After two to four years (depending on business needs and the progress of construction), this position might relocate to our new facility in the Utica, New York area to support our expansion plans.
What Cree | Wolfspeed do for you:
- Help Cree & Wolfspeed grow cutting edge technologies to enable new and exciting markets:
- Electric vehicle adoption
- Sustainable power management
- 5G telecommunications networks
- Adoption of LED technology
- And much more…
- Vertically integrated structure within Global Operations business provides exposure to all aspects of semiconductor manufacturing processes, from substrate manufacturing all the way through device testing.
- Business is expected to grow at accelerated rate over next 4 years – opportunities to advance your career through many different pathways.
What you can do for Cree | Wolfspeed:
- Resolve customer concerns and issues through Cree’s Return Material Authorization process
- Write technical documents in response to customer concerns
- Analyze data using sound statistical methodology to drive improvements and recommendations to operations of process engineering
- Take leadership role to establish relationships between multiple manufacturing sites and engineering departments to drive corrective actions tied to quality improvements.
- Travel occasionally to various manufacturing sites and customer facilities to drive quality improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Lead and facilitate cross functional teams for driving issues to root cause and implementing corrective actions. This includes coordinating activities between the various engineering departments.
- Interface with marketing, process, R&D and reliability engineering to drive quality initiatives and maintain best in class outgoing quality.
What you need for success:
- BS in Electrical, Chemical, Materials Science, or Mechanical Engineering
- 2 years recent experience as a Product/Process/Quality Engineer in a semiconductor environment
- Understanding of semiconductor processes and equipment in Fabrication and backend testing
- Proficient at technical writing
- Strong self-motivation and project management skills and the ability to multi task effectively
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally (2-3 times / year).
Highly preferred skills and qualifications:
- MS in Electrical, Chemical, Materials Science, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years work experience as a Product Engineer or Process Engineer in a semiconductor environment.
- Computer programming skills. Experience with SQL, JMP, MS Access, etc.
- Experience identifying patterns and defect clusters in manufacturing data.
- Strong track record of effective problem-solving, good engineering judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong drive to produce results in a timely fashion and have strong sense of competitive urgency.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top