Power Module Process Development Engineer
We currently have a job vacancy for a Power Module Process Development Engineer in our Power Module Development Team located in our Fayetteville, AR technology center. This job opportunity is for an experienced Processing Engineer with a thorough and detailed understanding of power module materials and assembly processes. The applicant must be knowledgeable of assembly processes and electronics packaging materials.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunity to develop next generation power packaging technologies that can significantly impact a number of energy-related applications such as wind, solar, electric-vehicles, smart grid, and defense applications
- Ability to work on challenging multi-discipline engineering problems within a team environment as well as across other teams
- Opportunity to develop prototypes using state-of-the-art electronics packaging equipment that are transitioned to a product and inserted into real world applications
- Further your professional career by on-site training, attending professional/engineering conferences, external certifications, and by working with the best of the best
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Interface with power electronics engineers, electrical engineers, process engineers, and production engineers to develop power modules that meet electrical, mechanical, long term reliability, and cost requirements (concept to production)
- Perform research, design, and development efforts for power discrete packages and multi-chip power modules
- Develop electronics assembly processes such as wire bonding, die attach, etc.
- Perform power module prototyping and assembly
- Assist in conducting experiments and acquiring data
- Must be excited to learn new skills, learn how to operate new equipment, and document processes
What you need for success:
- Requires a 4-year degree. Applicants with an M.S. or Ph.D. degree will also be given strong consideration
- >5 years of electronics design experience
- Knowledge and capability to operate a wide variety of packaging assembly equipment
- Knowledge in industry standard and/or next generation assembly packaging processes such as wire bonding, die/substrate attach, vacuum reflow soldering, encapsulation, plating, lid seal, etc.
- Knowledge or experience working with common packaging materials
- Technical project planning experience
- Excellent communication skills (i.e., verbal, written, and presentation).
- Excellent team player
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Packaging process development experience using statistical analysis software such as JMP or Minitab
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment (Class 1000 or better)
- Knowledge of power devices such as SiC MOSFETs, SiC Schottky Diodes, SiC TMOS, Si IGBTs, etc.
- Some CAD experience: SolidWorks®, AutoCAD®, ProE, or Creo Parametric
- Some Simulation experience: COMSOL Multiphysics®, Ansys®, or SolidWorks® Simulation
- Knowledge in electronics packaging test equipment
- Knowledge in power module reliability and failure modes
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top