Power Electronics Engineer
Cree is looking for a talented, self-motivated and goal driven AC-DC Power Supply Design Engineer with a track record working with high efficiency drivers, this includes buck, buck-boost, boost, and LDO converter. This engineer will have the responsibility to develop, design, qualify, and introduce state of the art LED drivers; in addition it includes supporting the new product introduction and manufacturing teams.
What can Cree do for you?
A successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver that is able and enjoys to work around technical challenges and implement practical cost effective solutions in a timely manner. The candidate should thrive in a fast pace, detailed, deadline-oriented, and innovative atmosphere.
What can you do for Cree?
- Develop, improve, and sustain LED drivers, power supplies, and control systems for consumer lighting products;
- Working knowledge of circuit theories, topologies, switch-mode power electronics, component selection, simulation, control, and magnetic designs. Support new designs from concept to production hand-off.
- Support compliance effort for EMC and safety approvals;
- Interface with component suppliers to evaluate components and resolve technical issues that may arise in manufacturing;
- Identify, initiate and implement solutions for process/product development that improves performance, reduces cost, strengthens yield, and increases capability;
- Work across company functional organizations to ensure project success;
- Work directly with Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, and ODM/OEM partners to introduce new products and processes into production;
- Provide technical support and instruction to Contract Manufacturers regarding manufacturability, device programming, electronics subassembly level testing, product level testing and help solve power electronics product-specific manufacturing problems on site;
- Provide training to other personnel to improve overall capabilities and knowledge;
What you need for success:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or other technical related field.
- 5~8 years in power electronic design with working knowledge in topology selection, magnetic design, control, simulation, and EMC mitigation.
- Strong technical background in electronic device performance and passive components.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot analog and power electronics with bench equipment such as oscilloscopes, power analyzer, AC and DC power supplies, function generator, and multimeters.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Spice, Mathcad, and schematic capture tools, preferably Orcad.
- Knowledge in embedded system and C programming.
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple projects.
- Diligent, detail, responsible, goal oriented, and team player. Highly analytical and innovative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic. Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Willing to travel – both domestic and international.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering or other related field;
- Experience with LED products or consumer electronics is a plus;
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top