Power Device Test Engineer
As a Test Engineer in the Silicon Carbide Power Device R&D group you will be part of an engineering team reasonable for all aspects of power semiconductor development. You will work with device design scientist and engineering personnel to develop and perform testing and characterization of state of the art power devices. The successful candidate will be a resourceful, hands-on, problem solver with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical challenges.
This position will give you the opportunity to:
- Work at the leading Silicon Carbide Power Semiconductor company
- Work on leading edge devices and technologies
- Collaborate with the brightest individual in the field
- Be part of a rapidly growing business
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Measure and characterize high voltage and high current power semiconductor devices. Task include measuring; static parameters, switching energy and switching time, gate charge, avalanche energy, short circuit time, dv/dt and thermal resistance and impedance.
- Develop new characterization test for high voltage and high frequency devices.
- Develop procedures, perform testing and improve processes for electrical testing of power semiconductor devices.
- Record, analyze, format and present test data and results.
- Design and construction test equipment and fixtures required for the testing and long term characterization of the power devices.
- Generate and maintain testing and equipment documentation and procedures.
What you need for success:
- BS in engineering, mathematics, computer science, physics or other related technical discipline.
- Experience testing power semiconductors.
- Ability to read and understand circuit schematics.
- Ability to assemble simple electrical and mechanical circuits and components.
- Proficient at MS Excel, MS Word and MS Access.
- High energy, self-motivated attitude with strong communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with different backgrounds and at every level of the organization.
- Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done.
- Strong attention to detail while effectively managing time.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- MS or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics.
- Experience making power device measurements for data sheet generation.
- Experience working with high voltage electrical equipment, including basic safety procedures.
- Technical knowledge of semiconductor testing equipment and procedures.
- Ability to perform schematic capture and generate pc board layouts.
- Ability to perform circuit and thermal simulations (Pspice, LTspice and PLECS etc.).
- Knowledge of power converter topologies like Buck, Boost and Full Bridge etc.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis.
- Programming experience (Access, JMP, .Net, VB, LabVIEW or C++)
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top