Cree is seeking an Plant Controller to provide financial analysis and business decision support to the Lighting Business Unit. In addition, this individual will be responsible for accounting support including monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, key account analysis and updating / maintaining process and control documentation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist the Lighting Operations Controller in identifying opportunities to enhance financial performance, streamline operations and assess business opportunities, assist in the coordination of quarterly and annual budget and reporting cycles, support of the quarterly forecast and budget process and work on monthly budget to actual analysis and reporting. This position will report directly to the Lighting Operations Controller and be expected to interact closely with the various teams within the Lighting Business Unit.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for professional growth in a thriving organization
- Showcase your skills at the global enterprise level
- Opportunity to lead accounting and finance function at a large manufacturing and distribution facility
What can you do for Cree?
- Provide business unit functional leaders analytical support for special projects and decisions (ie make vs buy decisions; participation in vendor RFPs, margin analysis for product/pricing decisions).
- Manage monthly close process to ensure accurate recording of the financial statements and timely submittal of unit’s reports to Corporate Finance
- Deploy capabilities which help to minimize inventory obsolescence, reduces fall out, and strives to improve the health of the inventory portfolio
- Assist the Lighting Business Unit Controller in identifying opportunities to enhance financial performance
- Lead development and maintenance of financial schedules / analysis
- Oversee inventory costing and analysis process including the assessment analysis of reserves
- Support integration efforts with acquired entities
- Update / maintain process documentation and transaction support to satisfy external and internal auditors
- Perform technical accounting analysis and guidance for any matters impacting the business unit and perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
What you need for success:
- Degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Organized professional with 8+ years of experience
- Experience with Manufacturing and Supply Chain aspects of finance
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and ERP skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Experience with Oracle ERP system
- CPA or CMA
- Experience with Hyperion
- Cost accounting
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top