JOB DESCRIPTION - Payroll Analyst
The Payroll Analyst supports the Cree US payroll department that is responsible for payroll and payroll reporting in the U.S. and non-Asian foreign countries.
Provide functional and technical assistance to the payroll team to ensure accurate and timely completion of Cree’s bi-weekly U.S. payroll. This includes participating in the payroll team processes to ensure employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Assist payroll processing team on each biweekly payroll to ensure timely and accurate pay for Cree Employees in the U.S. Includes project management, leadership of non-direct reports, analysis of timelines and requirements, and coordination/troubleshooting with external payroll vendor.
- Understand and execute payroll federal and state regulatory requirements for employee benefits, bonuses/commissions, multi-state, garnishments, 401k, stock plan, etc. This includes educating fellow employees about regulatory requirements, setting up new pay codes, and analyzing taxation for employee pay.
- Audit new hire processing, terminations processing, and all other payroll system data uploads by payroll staff to ensure the data is coded accurately and completely in the payroll system (in both dollars and employee coding).
- Serve as back up and support for the payroll team lead in bi-weekly payroll processing to include:
- Ensure time file loaded into payroll system from time keeping system is accurate and complete and that manager sign-off on time cards meets key internal control requirements.
- Prepare Z99 report and End to End reconciliation for each payroll Preview.
- Review payroll system preview reports to identify problems and coordinate with payroll staff to have them enter corrections to ensure accurate pay. Coordinate with payroll provider to prepare and maintain payroll processing calendars. Distribute to payroll team and HR for wider company distribution.
- Perform post payroll processing duties as assigned to ensure payroll processing is complete.
- Provide payroll reports as needed to the business (e.g., Oracle Projects report, Department Data report, YTD Z99).
- Coordinate with payroll provider on federal, state and local taxation issues.
- Perform quarterly reconciliations and controls to ensure accurate corporate payroll tax reporting (e.g., 940/941’s).
- Research new or changing employee benefit/payment options presented by Legal/HR and educate fellow employees about the changes. Implement changes in ADP to ensure accurate pay and federal/state taxation.
- Participate actively on Year End team to complete YTD reconciliations, prepare and reconcile W-2’s, review payroll processing memo codes, finalize the YTD Z99, prepare annual reports for the business and other duties as assigned.
- Conduct SUI voluntary contribution analyses and make recommendations about pre-payment.
- Serve as a backup payroll contact with International Payroll Accounting to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing for non-Asian division foreign employees. Back up responsibilities may include:
- Serve as payroll contact on the set up of payroll in new foreign countries.
- Coordinate with HR, Legal, Stock Plan Admin, Corporate Accounting, and other players on non-Asian payroll issues including pay, benefits, bonuses, 401k, stock plan, etc.
- Coordinate with Accounting Contractor on Expat reporting and U.S./Foreign Tax returns, providing accurate and complete data and ensuring that all filing deadlines are met.
- Manage VISA/FICA calculations and payroll processing for all non-U.S. employees.
- Project Management – Serve as team lead on Payroll Team projects as assigned. Encourage active participation by all team members, welcome all ideas, work with team to develop recommendations for project goals, and execute/provide deliverables by assigned deadlines.
- Employee Service – Work closely with payroll team members to answer employee payroll questions around issues such as timekeeping, accurate pay, tax forms, payroll policy, etc. Engage with HR/Legal as necessary to resolve problems/questions about HR policy, employee dissatisfaction and other issues as they arise.
- Internal Controls – work closely with Payroll Manager and Senior Payroll Analyst to maintain internal controls and comply with federal, state and local statutory regulations.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local payroll regulations – regular updates through APA training and BNA research. Maintain confidentiality of payroll data at all times.
- Provide outstanding customer service to employees, HR, Legal, IT, corporate accounting, C-Level Staff – respond to inquiries in a timely and professional fashion.
- Participate actively as payroll team member, training fellow staff on advanced payroll issues, coordinating to meet deadlines, and providing support as needed to accomplish team goals.
- Communicate regularly with manager and fellow employees regarding open tasks, project deliverables, and technical issues.
- Proficiency in Oracle HR, ADP Payforce
- Human Resources, Accounting, or General Business degree or related coursework
- CPP Certification or willingness to obtain
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top