Packaging Process Development Engineer
This job opportunity is for a Semiconductor Packaging Process Engineer with a fundamental understanding of electronics packaging materials and processes, power modules, semiconductor materials and devices, and power systems. The applicant must be intimately knowledgeable of, able to plan for, and able to perform a wide range of development and research duties.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunity to apply technical leadership skills in an organization with the highest performing SiC power devices and modules in the world
- Grow new technologies, lead and create a real impact on the power and energy industries, make a global difference, advance your breadth of knowledge and experience
- Work on a wide range of high performance products in cross-discipline teams
- Join an elite performing group with the opportunity to work with the best of the best
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Develop electronics assembly processes such as wire bonding, die attach, soldering, potting, etc.
- Interface with power electronics engineers, electrical engineers, process engineers, and production engineers to develop power modules that meet electrical, mechanical, long term reliability, and cost requirements (concept to production)
- Building and testing of prototypes and proof of feasibility
- Participate and contribute to contract project report and proposal writing
- Mentor and aide packaging technicians at all levels
- Conduct experiments, acquire and analyze data
What you need for success:
- This is a technical engineering position and requires a BS Engineering degree at a minimum. Applicants with an M.S. or Ph.D. will be given consideration as well.
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder
- Knowledge and capability to efficiently use a wide variety of software programs essential to the job (Electronics packaging and analysis tools, such as SolidWorks, Flotherm, COMSOL, ANSYS, Ansoft, Saber, OrCAD, etc.)
- Experience in hands-on use of laboratory equipment, processing equipment, performing reliability testing, building prototypes, etc.
- Experience in multiple of the following processes: wire bond interconnects, ribbon bonding, vacuum reflow die and substrate attaches, brazing, epoxies, power substrates, LTCC, integrated passives, flip chip, BGA, laser processing, hermetic seam sealing, ceramic/metal packages, electrolytic and electroless plating, CNC machining
- Fixture design and fabrication
- Knowledge of advanced packaging materials
- Technical project planning
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and relation skills
- Excellent team player
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Knowledge of new state-of-the-art devices such as SiC JFETs, SiC MOSFETs, SiC TMOS, SiC Thyristors, SiC Schottky Diodes, etc.
- 5+ years of experience is preferred
- Knowledge of commercial and military systems for weapons platforms, aerospace platforms, automotive platforms, etc. into which power electronics subsystems are designed
- PCB and power layout techniques, software, and tools
- High power, high voltage, and high current packaging
- Thermal management and analysis for concentrated heat fluxes, techniques, software, and tools
- Thermal-stress analysis, techniques, software, and tools
- Parasitic package extractions and modeling, techniques, software, and tools
- Understanding of plastics, plastic fatigue, outgassing, mechanical design, etc.
- Reliability testing and analysis
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top