Project manage packaging changes at Cree facilities and contract manufacturers. Design packaging for new lighting products and cost savings initiatives. Test proposed designs using in house test equipment, vibration, drop and compression.
What can Cree do for you?
Cree designs and tests the majority of our packaging. You can be creative and design packaging that solves efficiency problems, supplier issues and cost concerns. Learn both industrial packaging for large lighting fixtures and consumer packaging sold through retail channels like The Home Depot.
What can you do for Cree?
- Develops packaging specifications, draw/create product layout drawings electronically for new products and revisions to existing products. Develops concept modeling, work cooperatively with the Product Managers, suppliers, engineering, marketing, manufacturing and purchasing to finalize concept through production.
- Responsible for product labeling/ regulatory labels and maintaining standards across development teams.
- Investigates emerging technologies, identifies new packaging opportunities with emphasis on cost reductions and enhanced packaging. Recommends improvements to packaging methods.
- Work with graphic designers, and suppliers to ensure the company’s branding standards are met.
- Confirms packaging design by collaborating with engineering, marketing, purchasing, and manufacturing. Determines feasibility of packaging design by building models; testing methods and containers to assure packaging performance to ISTA standards.
- Perform ISTA drop and vibration testing as needed on new designs.
- Interface with packaging vendors to identify quality, production and technology capabilities, technology improvement plans and cost reduction goals
- As needed this individual might also be tasked with completing small accessory design projects when packaging duties were light.
What you need for success:
- Bachelors degree in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years of product related design/specification experience in packaging engineering field.
- Willing to consider entry level college graduate with a Packaging Engineer degree and relevant internship experience.
- 3+ years of ArtiosCad, Solidworks CAD. Adobe Illustrator or similar graphics software.
- Organizational skills: project management skills with the ability to manage several packaging projects across multiple product platforms and teams.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Project), general computer expertise
- Self Starter, capable of keeping up with a fast development pace
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Experience with Esko cutting table
- Experience with Tops or CAPE software
- ITSA Certification
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top