Package & Test Process Engineer
Package & Test Associate Process Engineer
This position requires a self-motivated, hands-on Process Engineer that will be part of a team responsible for process development and sustaining of die singulation and device assembly for Wolfspeed packaged die products.
- Responsible for providing Process Engineering support for device assembly processes for a variety of die, substrates, passive components and package types. This includes working with the process engineering team for all activities including: new product introduction, process development, process control/monitoring, process troubleshooting, process characterization, training and continuous improvement.
- Define SPC parameters and KPI for critical assembly processes
- Perform root cause analysis and disposition of materials
- Troubleshoot and resolve out of control processes
- Perform daily and weekly process checks
- Perform process development and new product introduction tasks
- Collect and analyze statistical data on process performance.
- Work on assignments and projects that are complex in nature where judgment is required to resolve problems.
- Develop and perform new product set ups and tool qualifications.
- Define and execute experiments, review data and summarize conclusions.
- Ability to perform and supervise technical aspects of the following processes/tasks:
- Die Attach
- Wire Bond
- Lid Seal
- Laser marking
- Epoxy dispense
- Associates degree in engineering technology or minimum 10 years semiconductor die processing experience and formal technical electronics training.
- Self motivated with ability to focus on and complete assigned tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work well with operators, technicians, engineers and management
- Team player with strong attention to detail and positive attitude.
- Flexible with work schedule and able to work overtime on short notice
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green card holder
- 3 or more years technical experience within a semiconductor manufacturing enviroment.
- Experience with wire bonders, die attach equipment and assembly and test of RF amplifiers.
- Experience with statistical process control (SPC) and design of experiments (DOE).
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identity manufacturing improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top