Operations Director– Post Fab & Modules
As the Operations Director- Post Fab & Modules, you will have full responsibility for three departments: Wolfspeed’s in-house Assembly and Test, in-house Module Operations, and off-shore subcontract manufacturing. The product lines consist of GaN-on-SiC RF devices, SiC power devices, and SiC power modules. Your specific responsibilities will include manufacturing throughput and yield, equipment maintenance, sustaining engineering, test engineering, product engineering, and new product introduction.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Enable you to be a key contributor in the growth and expansion of one of the largest SiC materials operations in the world.
- Challenge you with a broadly focused leadership role, working on cutting-edge products with an industry leading company.
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving, growth-mode organization.
- This will be a high-visibility role within a culture that is dynamic, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative.
- You will grow new technologies, lead and create a real impact on the power and energy industries, and make a global difference.
- Advance your breadth of knowledge and experience as well as the opportunity to be involved in the early adoption phase for some of the fastest growing power semiconductor products in the market.
- Provide you with the opportunity to shape the strategy of subcontractor management and the transition of our module product line from R&D into manufacturing.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
You will have the opportunity to exercise your leadership abilities by leading a team of manufacturing managers, product engineering managers, supervisors, subcontract manufacturing managers (for the Power, RF and Power Modules product lines), engineers, technicians and operators to meet the needs of Wolfspeed’s Post Fab operations and Modules. In this role, you will partner with the Wolfspeed leadership team to make this division successful by driving lean manufacturing initiatives and promoting a culture of continuous improvement and employee empowerment. You will work closely with the equipment maintenance team and be charged with improving tool capabilities, availability and utilization.
In this role you will be expected to reduce and eliminate reworks, mis-processing, and other forms of waste in our processes by supporting and championing operational improvements to the NPI process. You will have the opportunity to partner with the research and development organization to effectively transfer new processes, products, and technologies into high volume production. This role will serve as the key person to drive the strategy for our power modules business which will entail leading R&D efforts into quality manufacturing for the industrial market. You will also drive continuous process improvement, capacity expansion, yield improvement, cost reduction, and quality efforts within the department. As the Operations Director for Post Fab & Modules, you will also partner with EH&S to address any potential safety concerns and insure a safe working environment.
If you are someone looking for a high visibility position with a growing company, who loves a fast-pace environment, and who enjoys solving highly complex manufacturing problems, then we encourage you to read through the next two sections which describe the type of experience and education we’re looking for.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, or other semiconductor related discipline
- 10 years experience in a semiconductor environment
- 5 years experience in leadership roles
- 2 years in an operations management capacity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication abilities
- Strong attention to detail and ‘hands-on’ attitude
- Ability to manage & complete multiple projects simultaneously and successfully
- Must be a self-motivated, high-energy individual with a strong drive for accomplishment and a ‘whatever-it-takes’ work ethic
- Flexible work schedule to support 24 x 7 high volume manufacturing site
- Must be able to travel up to 10-20%
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, or other semiconductor related discipline
- 10+ years experience in a semiconductor environment
- 5+ years in an operations management capacity
- 5+ years of wafer Fab experience
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top