Network Systems Engineer
We are looking for a talented Network Systems Engineer who is a dynamic out of the box thinker. This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of an enterprise network to include deploying, maintaining and providing operational support for access, distribution, wireless, voice, data center, perimeter and cloud environments. They will assist global network team in development and maintenance of all systems related to network with regards to security and network configuration. Additionally, will troubleshoot network performance issues, recommend upgrades, patch, and setup new applications and equipment as pertains to the network. Successful candidate will provide technical support and guidance to users at a level 3 support and point of escalation as team lead for the network team.
We’re a growing company with a team of highly dedicated IT professionals who give their all to help our enterprise flourish. The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission critical tasks and coordinate the construction and expansion of our systems so updates and other maintenance tasks don’t get in the way of daily operations.
As a key member of our Network Solutions staff, the candidate will work closely with other team members to design cost effective and scalable solutions for both on premises as well as in cloud solutions. The engineer will prepare scope documents and implement best practices for provisioning services to ensure investment in technology is consistent with business objectives. The engineer will also serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Cisco infrastructure and support technologies and must have hands on experience in the aforementioned technologies.
The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment, and must be able to multitask while providing exemplary service to clients and enjoy mentoring team members. They will work in an environment that fosters cross-training and voluntary knowledge transfer.
Qualified candidates will provide quality support with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical expertise and timeliness. Support will be provided following a detailed ticketing system. Successful candidates must understand the importance of maintaining a 24x7 production environment. The ability to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations is a must. A good personality and excellent written and verbal communication are very important due to the amount of interaction with internal customers, team members, & service desk. Individuals must be able to work well with limited direction and supervision, be detail oriented, extremely organized, and self-motivated with sense of ownership in their area of responsibility.
- Engineer enterprise data, voice, video, and wireless network solutions
- Gather requirements from business users and present possible solutions to team lead
- Administer the operation of all LAN/WAN related network services according to defined policies and procedures
- Coordinate and implement network software and hardware upgrades
- Troubleshoot and resolve LAN/WAN performance, connectivity, and related network problems
- Work with other network support staff, helpdesk, and Information Security to resolve issues
- Work with vendors, clients, carriers, and technical staff on network implementation, optimization, and ongoing management
- Provide high-level support and technical expertise in regards to network technologies
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation of the network infrastructure
- Create and implement policies, procedures and programs for network asset management, including developing/maintaining a network component inventory, detailed network documentation, and technical specifications information to improve or supplement network infrastructure; determine proper maintenance tasks and procedures related to network operation
- Monitor network capacity to determine its effect on performance; recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands
- Document and log work related activity in service support ticketing system and facilitate best practices for customer service support
- Work towards maintaining awareness of new technologies and advances in the profession; read professional literature; attend workshops and training sessions as appropriate
- Maintain departmental standards, procedures, and documentation
- Participate in weekly On Call rotation
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors:
- Advanced working knowledge of network design, including the use of dynamic routing protocols, QoS principles and high availability configuration options
- Experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, VoIP, etc.
- Knowledge of various routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, etc.
- Knowledge of various tunneling techniques including GRE and DMVPN
- Knowledge of network encryption technologies including IKE / IPsec
- Advanced WAN configuration such as multi-homed ISP connectivity
- Knowledge of Layer 2 switching technologies including STP, RSTP and Ether Channel
- Knowledge of cloud networking such as Azure, Amazon Web Services, & Oracle Cloud
- Knowledge of QOS engineering and tuning and WAN bandwidth management
- Knowledge of WAN acceleration technologies
- Knowledge of advanced network management and analysis tools, including Solarwinds (NPM/NTA/NCM/IPAM/UDT/), Fluke, NetMRI or equivalent.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Offer flexibility and adaptability, especially during times of change
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to conduct research into technical issues, standards and products as required
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible network administration and design
- CCNP or equivalent professional level certification from other vendors such as Brocade, Juniper Networks, etc.
Any work-related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
- Cisco Certification (CCNP, CCIE) or other relevant certifications
- Palo Alto, Brocade, or Aruba experience desired
- Cisco Unity Communications Manager experience desired
- Wireshark/packet sniffing experience is a plus
- ITIL Certification
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top