MMIC Design Engineer
Job Title: MMIC Design Engineer
The MMIC Design Engineer will be responsible for the design of custom RF and microwave MMICs in Wolfspeed’s GaN HEMT processes. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of design, including specification development, electrical design, layout, test and characterization.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
Wolfspeed is a technical and business leader in GaN RF solutions, with a broad portfolio in multiple growing markets. This role will provide the opportunity to be directly involved in the specification, design, and fabrication of industry leading RF circuits, and to work with an exceptional group of circuit designers, research scientists, and test engineers, to help develop industry leading technologies and products.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Design saturated and linear HPAs, Gain Blocks, LNAs, switches, and other RF and microwave MMICs
- Design and specification of applicable test fixtures and associated materials.
- Develop test plans and perform hands on trouble shooting of circuits during test.
- Prepare full documentation of design and characterization to support design reviews, final data review, back-fitting and other analysis.
- Interact with process development, operations, business development and other technical and business roles in order to ensure a successful design
What you need for success:
- Graduate degree in EE with focus on RF circuits or BSEE and 5 years of experience.
- Experience in HPA MMIC design, preferably with compound semiconductors (GaN, GaAs...)
- Proficiency with non-linear circuit simulators (ADS or Microwave Office), electromagnetic simulators and circuit layout tools.
- Experience with analog circuit design (CMOS, direct coupled logic, e/d mode, etc.)
- Experience with modern linearity enhancement techniques and industry standard modulation schemes.
- Working knowledge of device physics and behavior.
- Hands on experience with both on-wafer and fixtured microwave testing (e.g. Small signal, power, efficiency, linearity, noise-figure, etc)
- Ability to meet schedules and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Secret U.S. security clearance.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top