CREE’s Global Operations Team is seeking a Mechanical Technician. As a member of the Materials Equipment Team, this person will perform equipment startups, modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting and maintenance on production and R&D systems. This role will interact directly with process engineering and other groups to meet department and Cree goals. This role will also be responsible for a diverse mixture of activities with a strong emphasis on hands-on mechanical fabrication, gas line assembly and fabrication, electrical cable routing, detailed point-to-point wiring, and other equipment design implementation and fabrication activities.
This position will work Monday – Friday on 1st shift, but the specific hours have not yet been determined.
- Development, design, and fabrication of ‘turn-key’ equipment upgrades, ground-up manufacturing equipment fabrication, and system startups
- Provide equipment support to improve tool performance
- Provide hands-on support where appropriate to improve over-all capabilities and system knowledge
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions (to component level in some cases), determine corrective actions, and implement these actions
- Exhibit and mandate safe working practices to the team
- Exhibit proper communication and escalation practices throughout the team
- Foster teamwork and support team-building activities with strong communication skills and a strong team mentality
- Must be willing and capable of working overtime hours on a regular basis - this includes off shift hours and/or off days as the situation demands
- Associates Degree in an engineering or technology discipline or equivalent military experience
- Strong mechanical skills using common hand and power tools, good clean-room practices, and attention to detail
- Strong hands-on based mechanical aptitude
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office software suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Ability and desire to learn new fields of discipline
- Direct hands-on experience in a related high technology field
- Knowledge of vacuum and gas delivery systems
- Knowledge of fluid flow systems
- Ability to read and understand electrical wiring block and schematic diagrams
- Working knowledge of advanced electrical and electronic systems
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top