Mechanical Design Technician
The Wolfspeed Materials R&D is looking for a high potential, resourceful, problem solving Mechanical Design Technician experienced in the design and manufacturing field. The person in this role will be responsible for performing equipment startup, modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting and maintenance on R&D systems. Strong analytical and communication skills are necessary to enable successful execution of both new process equipment and improvement of existing systems.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Join the company that is a global leader in the manufacturing of 4H Silicon Carbide (SiC) substrates, SiC and III-Nitride epitaxial wafers.
- Be part of the team that has long proven expertise in SiC and GaN materials technology advancement with the focus and commitment to bring high quality solution platforms across all applications
- The world runs on power and our SiC wide bandgap semiconductors far outperform conventional silicon components and set new standards for efficiency and reliability
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Implement the efforts to develop, build, and improve integrated systems involving high-temperatures, water-cooling, gas-flow, and high-vacuum systems in a production environment to produce the highest quality SiC crystals possible.
- Interact with scientists and engineers and equipment technicians to implement/identify flexible and cost-effective solutions in areas of crystal and wafer production.
- Development of appropriate tolerances to ensure alignment and precision as well as operational stability and low cost.
- Write documentation for construction and maintenance of systems that are developed.
- Establish procedures for certification of systems as ready-for-production.
- Interact with vendors to establish timelines and ensure adherence to those timelines and deliverables for projects.
- Work on several projects, simultaneously and successfully, in complete ownership in a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
What you need for success
- AS/BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent manufacturing/machining/design experience
- 5+ years of experience in design and/or equipment modification/manufacturing environment
- Hands-on experience for parts prototyping and installation
- Experience in metal fabrication/machining operations
- Knowledge in one or more 3D CAD packages: PTC Creo, AutoCAD/Inventor, Dassault SolidWorks
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- Experience on metalworking including welding, machining, sheet metal operations
- Knowledge of vacuum and gas delivery systems
- Working knowledge of electrical and electronics systems
- Relevant direct hands-on experience or education in a related high technology field
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top