Mechanical Design Engineer
We currently have an opening for an Equipment/Mechanical Engineer within the Power & RF Epitaxy department. Wolfspeed is looking for an engineer with a proven track record of successful mechanical design in a high volume manufacturing environment. The individual will responsible for the design, engineering, ordering, and implementation of products in our department as well as coordinating new tool installations.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunities to apply creative problem solving, and see those solutions implemented in large scale projects.
- Encouraged to think innovatively in a dynamic environment.
- Opportunity to work in a quickly evolving market at a leader in the industry.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Collaborates heavily with engineering and R&D on design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product.
- Creates and modifies detailed drawings using CAD software from sketches, layouts or notes.
- Checks drawing plots versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standards.
- Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and ECN/ECR documentation.
- Evaluates, selects and orders equipment that is most appropriate and cost effective for the manufacture of company products.
- Interface with component suppliers for vendor evaluations, new technologies, as well as tooling signoffs and resolve technical issues that may arise in manufacturing.
- Oversees the installation, modification, upgrade and maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Maintains current records on equipment manufacturers’ technical notices, upgrades and safety issues.
- Studies equipment performance and reliability.
- Provides technical support to the manufacturing equipment repair and process engineering organizations.
What you need for success:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of recent CAD experience, preferably with Pro-Engineer.
- Must be a US Citizen or green card holder.
- Varied engineering product development experience (materials, different types of products, processes).
- Able and willing to support 24X7 projects, flexibility to work off-shift as needed.
- Driven self starter, who can work independently and can keep up with a fast development pace.
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 5+ years of experience in a high volume production or product development environment.
- Familiarity with semiconductor manufacturing tools.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top