Materials Process Development Engineer - Wolfspeed
Cree | Wolfspeed currently has an opening for a Development Engineer within our Materials Business group. This position will be stationed at our headquarters facility in Raleigh/Durham, NC. We are looking for a high potential, resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with a good understanding of the materials behavior and capacity to quickly grasp and resolve technical challenges. A well-built background in large diameter wafer manufacturing with experience in wire saw, grinding, polish and CMP is required.
What can we do for you?
- Work on industry leading technology in a rapidly growing semiconductor products company.
- Provide you with a high impact area of ownership that enables both you and us to grow. Ultimately playing a significant role in our future.
- You will develop your technical skills and knowledges to execute both process development and improvement of existing processes in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
What can you do for us?
- Develop and control wafer slicing, lapping, polishing and grind processes for large diameter SiC manufacturing
- Establish procedures and qualification plan for bringing new processes on line
- Provide data analysis and understanding of the SiC manufacturing processes as a whole
- Perform capability, repeatability and cost analysis on processes to document new and existing processes/products
- Work on several projects, simultaneously and successfully, in complete process ownership within a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Work to establish practices which include employees’ positive involvement with opportunity for constructive input and action.
- Establish accountability for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving
- Support downstream customers and new product development
What you need for success:
- BS in Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied and Engineering Physics, Ceramics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 1-3 years experience and knowledge in Wafer Grinding or Polish and CMP
- 1-3 years of related experience in a semiconductor environment
- Strong mechanical understanding
- Independent thinking, attention to detail, strong organizational and planning abilities
- Strong leadership skills, high energy, self motivated attitude with an ability to work constructively with a team of manufacturing personnel, engineers and technicians.
- Self-starter with “whatever it takes” attitude.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 3-5 years of related experience in processing large diameter semiconductor substrates
- MS Degree in engineering discipline
- Experience and knowledge of metrology
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Statistical data analysis skills with SPC and DOE experience
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top