Materials Operations Director
The Power & RF Materials Operations Director reports directly to the COO of the business. This position is responsible for setting the operations and manufacturing strategy for the internal and external SiC wafer business of Wolfspeed. This position is also responsible for creating value in operations and manufacturing that translates into cost and competitive advantage for Wolfspeed. This position will provide strategic direction, technical leadership and ensure successful planning and execution.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Enable you to be a key contributor in the growth and expansion of one of the largest SiC materials operation in the world.
- Challenge you with a broadly focused leadership role, working on cutting-edge products with an industry leading company.
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving, growth-mode organization.
- This will be a high-visibility role within a culture that is dynamic, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative.
- You will grow new technologies, lead and create a real impact on the power and energy industries, make a global difference, advance your breadth of knowledge and experience.
- Be involved in the early adoption phase for one of the fastest growing power semiconductor in the market.
- This role will also provide the opportunity to set up a new factory, recruit the supporting teams and manage the ongoing integration of the Cree Materials group into the Wolfspeed business.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Develop and build a high performance team of Managers, Engineers, Technicians and Operators.
- Improve processes, reduce manufacturing costs, and produce high quality, compliant products.
- Deliver a Manufacturing Strategy for Power & RF Materials.
- Gain efficiency; optimize manufacturing and supply chain; Drive cost-outs from supply chain.
- Evaluate and implement new manufacturing processes (LEAN) that provide cost savings and commercial advantage.
- Solve complex manufacturing issues; identify, communicate and mitigate risks.
- Support NPI and commercialization standards.
- Establish, implement, maintain, and document processes appropriately.
- Plan, facilitate, and complete factory transition from Cree main campus to new facility in Durham, NC.
- Ensure cultural alignment throughout the factory that is consistent with the Wolfspeed Values. Improve communication and leadership within the site.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, or other semiconductor related discipline.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Flexible work schedule to support 24 x 7 high volume manufacturing site.
- 10 years experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment.
- 5 years experience in leadership roles.
- 2 years in a materials operations management capacity.
- Proven operational leadership in a multinational company.
- Strong attention to detail and ‘hands-on’ attitude.
- Uncompromising integrity, ethics, credibility; trustworthy.
- Clear & effective communicator across organization (up, down, across), engages others to follow.
- Understands what is needed to drive business growth, yet comfortable with ambiguity; handles the unexpected with flexibility.
- Open to other’s ideas – takes strong positions while being flexible; skilled, diplomatic negotiator.
- Responsible risk-taker.
- Creative problem solving skills; exercises sound judgment and decision making.
- Focused on bottom line, while keeping people motivated.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, or other semiconductor related discipline.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible operational leadership experience in high-tech, semiconductor, or manufacturing.
- 5+ years of crystal growth or wafer fab experience.
- Extensive operational experience with full P&L accountability.
- Strategic thinker with strong planning skills. Effectively developed short and long term strategic/operational goals.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top