Cree currently has a job vacancy for a Materials Handler in our Manufacturing Logistics team. This position is located at our headquarters in Durham, NC, and will support the manufacturing team on a 12-hour night shift (3rd shift).
The Materials Handler will handle high-value assets professionally and appropriately, maneuvering hazardous chemicals and waste while observing all safety procedures and company policies.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Shipping / Receiving
- Receive inventory from warehouse
- Perform Oracle and Internal Quality Control (IQC) transactions on inbound material
- Identify inventory shipments using packing slips, BOL and Oracle system.
- Palletize, stage, and deliver parcels to inventory locations and other areas using a pallet jack, forklift or golf cart
- Research and recover lost parcels
- Evaluate, audit and stock critical materials to support production
- Support FIFO rotation and stock consolidation efforts
- Maintain a clean and orderly stock room with accurate inventory levels
- Collaborate with purchasing and submit requisitions
- Stock point of use cabinets and shelves
- Assemble & repair production critical components
- Perform weekly cycle counts on sub inventories using Oracle
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs multiple times during a shift
- Ability to be on feet and moving for long periods of time
- Ability to sit at a computer and input data for long periods of time
- Handle phone calls and requests from internal parties and solve problems frequently
- Communicate to internal and external auditors the receiving inbound shipments procedures
- Perform data entry functions, using Microsoft Excel and Word, etc.
- Provide great customer service to internal and external customers
- Provide reports and Productivity Metrics to support better efficiency
- Other duties as needed and directed by the Supervisor will be required
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Oracle or other ERP system experience
- Ability to learn computer systems and to follow written / standard procedures
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top