Material Handler/Warehouse Lead
- Receive inbound shipments (freight and small parcels) into the warehouse.
- Process inbound shipments through a tracking system.
- Generate barcodes for inbound freight.
- Identify inventory shipments using packing slips, BOL and Oracle system.
- Palletize, stage, and deliver parcels to inventory locations and other areas around campus using a forklift, pallet jack or golf cart.
- Support FIFO rotation and stock consolidation efforts.
- Communicate to internal and external auditors the receiving inbound shipments procedures.
- Perform data entry functions, using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Provide great customer service to internal and external customers.
- Research and recover lost parcels.
- Provide reports and Productivity Metrics to support better efficiency.
- Other duties as needed and directed by the Supervisor will be required.
- 5 years prior Shipping and Receiving or warehouse related experience
- Previous leadership experience.
- Knowledge of computers, shipping systems (i.e. UPS, FedEx), tracking systems (UPS Track-pad) other Web Based Shipment Management Systems, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel/ Word.
- Experience with Oracle ERP system preferred.
- The ability to a operate forklift, pallet jackets (manual and electric) dollies and golf cart.
- Detail-oriented, self- motivated, outstanding customer service, multi-task, and acceptance to change.
- Ability to lift 50-60lbs frequently.
- The ability to work with others in a fast pace environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top