Marketing Specialist III
The position will be responsible for the product management of all the products within Cree’s existing and expanding portfolio of LED lighting fixtures. This includes product strategy definition, market requirements analysis, business case development, product positioning, pricing as well as managing and monitoring the overall product lifecycle and business plans, working closely with engineering, operations and sales. This role reports to the Marketing Manager, and works independently with other groups.
- Manage and support product lifecycle and forcasting from concept, through launch to obsolescence.
- Develop Market Requirement Documents (MRDs) with prioritized features, corresponding justification, target markets & applications, forecast and business plans.
- Interface with engineering, operations and sales to develop new products or enhance existing products.
- Work with marketing communications to define product positioning, key benefits, and target customers; to produce market engagement programs and sales force effectiveness tools.
- Responsible for providing the sales team with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to sell the product. This involves printed and electronic promotional material and product training
- Drive creation of customer-facing product marketing content (e.g. data sheets, power point presentations).
- Collaborate with marketing and sales for developing and executing a pricing strategy to meet revenue and margin targets.
- Run beta and lead customer programs with early-stage prototypes and samples.
- Assist with the development and delivery coordination of internal and channel sales training.
- Develop and deliver product sales tools to support the desired prospect experience, e.g., product demonstrations, presentations, proposal templates, and whitepapers.
- Participate as product spokesperson in analyst and press engagement and conferences.
- Be an expert on competitor’s capabilities and product positioning in the market.
- Review product sales forecasts and key accounts.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top