Our commitment to excellence doesn’t stop with our technology, it extends to the people we hire. When you join Cree, you’ll find yourself immersed in a culture similar to any startup environment – fast decision making, passionate people and constant innovation.
What can Cree do for you?
Cree offers an extensive 12-week internship program that aligns with our new hiring model and talent development strategy. Students a part of our internship program will develop knowledge and skills across their areas of interest while gaining insight into unit operations. Additionally, you will have the ability to apply academic concepts to real–world business challenges. An intern has the opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up.
What can you do for Cree?
- Bring enthusiasm, creativity, and an open-mind to help strengthen our culture and build on our success
- Bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face
- Learn from an experienced team
- Deepen your understanding of classroom concepts
- Gain real-world experience
What you need for success:
Enrollment in an accredited collegiate program
Maintains a 2.5 GPA or above
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work without sponsorship now or in the future
Who You’ll Work With
Opportunities in this internship may include: Graphic Design, Communications, Public Relations, and Designer and Copywriter, and Product Management.
- Graphic Design- This intern will be responsible for creating and/or modifying graphics and design layouts for retail product packaging, sales and marketing collateral, spec sheets and install guides, point-of-purchase merchandisers, merchandising planograms, eNewsletters, web banners and graphics, customer sales presentations (PPT), advertising, and more. This intern will also collaborate across the marketing team and with external vendors to support initiatives with compelling on-brand design solutions, and assist in procuring and editing photos, labeling and meta-tagging photos, and uploading photos to an online image library, entering or proofing product data.
- Employee Communications- This intern will assist in executing the internal communications strategy in conjunction with corporate marketing teams, draft content for internal communication mediums including intranet, newsletters, corporate emails, etc., support external marketing team to maintain consistent internal/external messaging, and identify opportunities for strengthening partner and community relationships.
- Public Relations- This intern will assist the PR team with projects that may include developing media pitches and storylines, researching press release background and developing key points, writing press releases, assisting with media interview spokesperson preparations, and PR project development.
- Designer and Copywriter- This intern will be responsible for creating and/or modifying graphics and design layouts for sales and marketing collateral, writing marketing copy to support the campaigns designed, and developing a comprehensive collection of collateral that supports Cree’s semiconductor business, including Cree LEDs and Wolfspeed RF and Power products. This intern will also assist in procuring and editing photos, labeling and meta-tagging photos, and uploading photos to an online image library.
- Product Management- This intern will assist OEM/ODM product managers with day-to-day activities including product category strategies, competitive intelligence, pricing comparison strategy, product data entry and database cleaning, product data hub improvements, and market research.
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top