Manufacturing Systems Engineer
The primary purpose of the Manufacturing Systems Engineer is to support Manufacturing Operations.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- High visibility role
- Opportunity to develop and showcase skill set working at Wolfspeed/Cree
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Acts as the Project Manager for Implementing a new software system which controls product WIP .
- Works across several functional groups to configure travelers consistently: Product Engineers for 3 distinct technologies, Process Engineers for every tool set in a semiconductor fabrication facility.
- Identify, obtain and oversee installation of required computer hardware.
- Provide the ongoing technical support for the software of the WIP management system.
- Testing new systems for completeness and appropriate error capturing.
- Primary contact for change control.
- Review and Maintain SQL database records as needed.
- Identify desirable new features and prioritize based on impact size, risk and effort to implement.
- Key contributor to Advanced Dispatching component of new system. Dispatching will be primarily done via functions and stored procedures within MS SQL database, using functions and store procedures. May need to create user-interfaces in windows-form application using Visual Basic 2010 or code SQL stored procedure.
What you need for success:
- BS degree from a four-year college/university in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years prior work experience (can be substituted with a higher degree) in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Ability to support a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
- Programming experience in any language. Experience with Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic 2010 or SQL a plus. Must be able to generate new functionality, working within existing coding methods.
- Experience with or desire to learn SQL: writing and maintaining queries, functions and stored procedures.
- Highly proficient with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, Excel, VBA, JMP, etc.). Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures/drawings and understand government regulations.
- Creative problem solver. Capable of developing creative solutions to new problems.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- High motivation with continuous drive for improvement.
Highly preferred skills:
- MS degree from an accredited university in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, suppliers and manufacturing personnel.
- Ability to work independently and in teams on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent observational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top