Shift: 12-Hour Nights
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- High visibility role
- Opportunity to develop and showcase skill set working at Cree HQ
What can you do for Cree?
In this role you will supervise work performance of up to 40 Production Operators. This includes maintaining accurate and up to date records of attendance, performance, training, corrective/disciplinary action, and salary administration.
Additional responsibilities follow:
- Continuously strive to reduce cost and increase productivity all while maintaining exemplary quality delivered to customers.
- Monitor team and individual performance. Maximize productivity, equipment utilization and overall efficiency.
- Act as the 'go-to' person on shift. Have the answers for all personnel questions on the floor, or retrieve answers quickly for them.
- Interact very closely with the process and equipment teams to ensure the operators and technicians follow proper protocol and ensure product quality.
- Schedule adequate personnel to support the objectives of the production plan. Solicit overtime and coordinate vacation schedules so as to not impact production.
- Maintain leadership presence by spending an overwhelming percentage of time on the shop floor ~80%.
- Help support and establish Visual Management, 5S/6S, Kanbans, and other Lean initiatives on the production floor.
- Establish and communicate production priorities. Execute production plans and internal goals.
- Track performance and adjust priorities accordingly.
- Initiate, encourage, and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Develop cross-training plans for productivity objectives and personnel development.
- Provide staff with constructive and timely feedback. Enforce company and local policies and procedures.
- Lead and participate in training, disposition of material, and production as necessary.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all levels in the organization.
- Maintain a safe working environment for CREE employees.
- Conduct all performance reviews on time. Maintain a score of 100% on-time performance.
- Bachelors Degree with manufacturing 2+ years experience in a leadership role, or equivalent manufacturing experience as a front line supervisor (3-5 years) or relevant military experience
- Excellent interpersonal communications
- Data oriented – excels at problem solving and decision making skills.
- Computer skills – familiar with all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook/Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Access).
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Ability to handle change quickly and efficiently – Fast paced work environment
- Experience in Lean Initiatives (Toyota Production System methodology). 5S/6S, Visual Management, Pull Systems, Kanbans, Poka-yoke, Kaizen events, etc.
- Job requires continuous walking across different areas, bending, lifting and microscope usage.
- Able to work in a Class 100 cleanroom environment, fully gowned in cleanroom attire.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to sit/stand for 12 hour shifts.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top