Manufacturing Manager – Material Supply
This Manager of Manufacturing will oversee a team of 10-15 Material Handlers whose duties include but are not limited to: Stocking and tracking metals, delivering chemicals to the factory and stocking supplies to the factory.
What can Cree do for you?
- Give you access to upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Provide the chance to work with all levels of a global organization
- This is a high visibility role in a $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Provide leadership to ensure effective management of raw materials for a large manufacturing organization.
- Work with the support team (accounting, finance, purchasing, etc.) to maintain accurate costs, minimize costs and prevent outages of all materials used in the factory.
- Review the spending for the factory and investigate deviations from budget, including driving cost out opportunities.
- Maintain a well-trained staff to accomplish all the team’s goals.
- Interview and hire new employees for the team as the need arises.
- Maintain and create training documents for department.
- Manage the cycle counts for the inventoried supplies for the factory.
- Manage purchase orders for fab materials and supplies including consumables, safety equipment and vendor services.
- Manage projects with a cross-functional team aimed at reducing costs, increasing yield or improving manufacturability.
What you need for success:
- 4-year degree or equivalent supervisory experience
- Drive to produce results in a timely fashion and have strong sense of competitive urgency
- Good computer skills for data analysis, inventory tracking, including Microsoft Access and Excel
- Solid work history in project management
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 4-year Engineering degree
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience in supply chain and working with suppliers
- Strong self-motivation and project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top