Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician - LED Pilot Line
Cree is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on technician to support the Solid State Lighting Pilot Line. You will support both the high volume manufacturing of solid state lighting solutions as well as participate in the development of new LED-based solid state lighting products and processes.
Responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Support daily operations on all tools in the Pilot Line, including the B7 Reliability Lab. Daily operations include chamber current card configurations, saw blade changes, tool calibrations, pocket tape or wire bond changes.
- Maintain equipment: Perform daily, weekly and monthly checks/ PMs.
- Establish appropriate preventive maintenance measures and maintain an accurate spare parts inventory to consistently keep tools functioning and minimize downtimes.
- Provide equipment support to enhance current systems, improve tool performance and overall reliability of the tool sets. This includes machining parts for new product upgrades and system CPU backups. It also includes long term projects to enhance the capability of the Durham tools. A prime example of this kind of project is implementing die-to-lamp on the die attach tools in order to have the same functionality as HZ.
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions, determine corrective actions, and implement these actions.
- Ensure personnel and product are protected from equipment failures. Verify all tools are operating under proper EHS regulations and meeting quality standards.
- Provide flexibility for technical support for ongoing R&D projects, new tool installations and repairs.
- Collaborate with both internal and external Engineering personnel on new equipment needs.
- Summarize and communicate findings accurately. Document work using existing applications and worksheets.
- Help create and maintain tool process specifications.
- Associates degree in an engineering or technical field or equivalent experience
- 0-5 years of semiconductor or package product/process development preferred. Where applicable, recent graduates encouraged to apply.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to follow verbal and written work instructions. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret instructions, schematics, and maintenance manuals.
- Must be able to perform mechanical tasks related to installation, repair and modification of process equipment.
- Must have a positive, ‘whatever it takes’ attitude & have demonstrated a high level of dependability
- Must have flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with manufacturing, preferably semiconductor.
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, SAS JMP, Excel, etc.)
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude/troubleshooting ability.
- Experience with HVAC systems.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top