Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
Cree is seeking a Manufacturing Equipment Technician to join the team at our global headquarters in Durham, NC.
- Utilize troubleshooting skills to solve complex equipment problems
- Perform routine equipment maintenance tasks (cleaning, calibration, or routine service).
- Utilize the computerized maintenance management systems for inventory control and work scheduling.
- Handle gases and chemicals to replenish system resources.
- Assist in development of maintenance procedures and best-known methods.
- Understand tool performance metrics and routinely review with shift team members.
- Actively participate in project activities as assigned.
- Attend scheduled training sessions.
- Provide communication to all support team members by following proper escalation procedures
- Backfill team member absences with overtime as required.
- Demonstrate success in tool ownership in a 24x7 manufacturing environment. 24hr pager coverage required.
- Exhibit and mandate safe working and housekeeping practices to the team.
- Foster teamwork and support team-building activities.
- Provide a postive attitude.
What you need for success:
- Associates degree in EE (or equivalent military training)
- Manufacturing experience, preferable semiconductor.
- Good manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Computer skills – able to navigate through directories and folders and use MS Office applications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team of technicians.
- Motivated and willing to work hard to help company succeed.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work 12 hours shifts in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player.
- Must have a flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top