Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
Position: 7301-7303 Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
Department: 10130 Wafer Fab
This position is for a junior level technician that will provide manufacturing equipment sustaining support for the Wafer fab and adjacent semiconductor manufacturing areas. This individual must be able to work a 12 hour shift either on days or nights in support of a 24/7 operation. Successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to perform corrective and preventative maintenance tasks designed to improve equipment availability and reliability. Successful candidate will have strong troubleshooting skills that lead to identifying root cause.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on tools in accordance with equipment specifications.
- Performs root cause troubleshooting of down equipment.
- Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles equipment according to operating manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Use test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment checks.
- Works with process engineers to understand process-equipment interactions and limitations relative to operating specs.
- Performs project work to improve tool performance and availability.
- Team player with a positive attitude and a high level of dependability.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- AA Degree in Electronics or equivalent Military experience.
- Ability to read and understand technical instructions, schematics, and maintenance manuals.
- Experience with implementing and sustaining lean concepts and systems.
- Previous clean room/Fab experience.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment.
- Must be able to lift 65 lbs.
- Good manual dexterity is essential.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top