Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Performs Electro-mechanical root cause troubleshooting of semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles equipment according to operating manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Use test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment checks.
- Works with process engineers to understand process-equipment interactions and limitations relative to operating specs.
- As needed, modifies equipment to improve up- time or overall process performance.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on tools in accordance with equipment specifications.
- Supports production and process as needed.
- Able to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and maintenance manuals.
- Understanding of high vacuum equipment, electronic circuitry and PLC controllers.
- Must be organized, neat, detailed, conscientious, and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- PC experience – MS Word, Excel, Access
- Must be willing to wear a pager and work overtime to support needs of business.
- AA Degree in Electronics technology
- Semiconductor equipment maintenance/repair experience.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment.
- Will work around compressed gasses, acids, solvents, slurry, vacuum pump oils, and other chemicals.
- Must be able to lift 65 lbs.
- Must be very dexterous – will be required to work on small assemblies.
- Must be computer literate.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top