Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
As a member of the Materials Equipment team, the person in this role will be responsible for performing equipment startup, modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting and maintenance on production and R&D systems. This role will interact directly with process engineering and other groups to meet department and Cree goals. Successful candidates will have a strong team mentality and strong communication skills. Candidates working in this area must exhibit and mandate safe working practices. This role will also be responsible for a diverse mixture of activities with a strong emphasis on hands-on mechanical assembly, high vacuum systems, and light electrical work.
What can Cree do for you?
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified experience working on multiple projects
- Opportunity to expand knowledge, skills, and abilities What can you do for Cree?
- Performs Electro-mechanical root cause troubleshooting of semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles equipment according to operating manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Use test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment checks.
- Works with process engineers to understand process-equipment interactions and limitations relative to operating specs.
- As needed, modifies equipment to improve up- time or overall process performance.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on tools in accordance with equipment specifications.
- Supports production and process as needed.
- What you need for success:
- Able to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and maintenance manuals.
- Understanding of high vacuum equipment, electronic circuitry and PLC controllers.
- Must be organized, neat, detailed, conscientious, and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- PC experience – MS Word, Excel, Access
- Must be willing to wear a pager and work overtime to support needs of business.PREFERRED SKILLS:
- AA Degree in engineering discipline or greater 5 + years semiconductor equipment maintenance repair experience.
- Preferred 5+ years of Ion Implanter system maintenance and repair experience.
- Preferred 5+ year experience on Dry Etch system maintenance and repair.Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment.
- Will work around compressed gasses, acids, solvents, slurry, vacuum pump oils, and other chemicals.
- Must be able to lift 65 lbs.
- Must be very dexterous – will be required to work on small assemblies.
- Must be computer literate.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top