Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
This position provides equipment sustaining support for the Power & RF Epitaxy manufacturing area. This individual will work on a dedicated shift with maintenance, process sustaining and operations teams focused on maximizing overall equipment effectiveness. Corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance tasks will be performed along with assigned project work to improve / sustain system availability, reliability and maintainability.
What can Cree do for you?
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified experience working on multiple projects
- Opportunity to expand knowledge, skills, and abilities
What can you do for Cree?
- Utilize troubleshooting skills to solve complex equipment problems
- Perform routine equipment maintenance tasks (cleaning, calibration, or routine service)
- Utilize the computerized maintenance management systems for inventory control and work scheduling
- Handle gases and chemicals to replenish system resources
- Assist in development of maintenance procedures and best-known methods
- Understand tool performance metrics and routinely review with shift team members
- Actively participate in project activities as assigned
- Attend scheduled training sessions
- Provide communication to all support team members by following proper escalation procedures
- Backfill team member absences with overtime as required
- Demonstrate success in tool ownership in a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Exhibit and mandate safe working and housekeeping practices to the team
- Foster teamwork and support team-building activities
- Provide a positive attitude
What you need for success:
- Associates Degree or 4+ years military electronics repair experience
- 8+ years experience Semiconductor equipment maintenance
- 7 years service in a hands-on maintenance or engineering capacity
- Knowledge of vacuum and gas delivery systems is highly desirable
- Ability to read and understand system schematics (mechanical and electrical)
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral
- Must be willing to be on-call and work overtime to support business needs if necessary
- PC Experience – MS Word, Excel, Access
- PLC, HMI and Automation experience
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment
- Will work around compressed gasses, acids, solvents, vacuum pump oils and other chemicals
- Must be able to lift 65 lbs on a consistent basis
- Must be very dexterous – will be required to work on small assemblies
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top