Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Equipment Technician – Power & RF Wafer Fab
The Power and RF team is looking for an Equipment Technician to support the Power & RF Wafer Fab manufacturing areas. This is a 12 hour shift position that reports into the equipment group. The Equipment Technician is responsible for all aspects of preventive maintenance and repair related to the semiconductor fab including assigned projects, works to improve / sustain system availability, reliability and maintainability.
- Perform preventive maintenance and low level repairs on all fab semi-conductor processing equipment.
- Perform at a high level using hand tools and electrical/mechanical measurement devices
- Perform at a high level during all system PM’s and repairs
- In depth use of specs to perform proper PM work, along with proper documentation
- Able to train in hands on skill development of with Sr. team members in areas/tools of responsibility
- Review and updates and/or develops maintenance procedures to match best practices
- Recommend PM intervals changes based on PM findings and repair findings
- Actively participate in project activities as assigned
- Record parts and materials used, and ensures ordering of new parts and materials as necessary.
- Work with and captures training, lessons learned and troubleshooting skills from tool vendor field service engineering when onsite
- Learn, understands and performs various leak check methods on all systems and/or components
- Ensures documents are accurate for PM and repair data in the maintenance program
- Provide communication to all fab members by following proper escalation procedures
- Complete assigned tasks, goals, and critical objectives to meet committed schedules
- Promote and mandates safe working and housekeeping practices within the team
- Foster teamwork and support team-building activities
- Emergency Response Team participation/membership.
- 1+ year’s experience in a industrial mechanical, electrical equipment maintenance position
- 1+ year’s service in a hands-on maintenance capacity
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and P&ID drawings for semiconductor equipment repair
- Good understanding of detailed vacuum system troubleshooting and operations
- Some experience maintaining and installing a wide variety of electrical and semiconductor components including electrical boards, valves, pumps and motors.
- Familiar with various methods of leak checking vacuum systems
- Able to work overtime to support business needs.
- Able to work in clean room for extended period of time.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude. “Do whatever it takes” work ethic.
- AA degree from a electrical or mechanical institution or equivalent experience
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top