Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
This position provides manufacturing equipment sustaining support for the Wafer fab and adjacent semiconductor manufacturing areas. This individual will work on one of the 4 dedicated 12-hour shifts in support of a 24/7 operation. Successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to perform corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance tasks designed to improve / sustain equipment availability, reliability and maintainability. Successful experienced candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong troubleshooting capability and exemplary “root cause” corrective skills and techniques.
- Performs Electro-mechanical root cause troubleshooting of semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles equipment according to operating manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment checks.
- Works with process engineers to understand process-equipment interactions and limitations relative to operating specs.
- As needed, modifies equipment to improve up- time or overall process performance.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on tools in accordance with equipment specifications.
- Supports production as needed.
- AAS in Electronics Technology or military electronics equivalent
- Able to read and interpret instructions, schematics, and maintenance manuals
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years equipment maintenance experience on semiconductor tools.
- Knowledge of vacuum and gas delivery systems
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Must be able to lift 65 lbs.
- Strong work ethic and self starter. Able to perform assigned tasks with little direction/supervision.
- Strong sense of ownership in work performed.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering disciplines
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top