Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
We are seeking a Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician to work on Semiconductor equipment.
What can Cree do for you?
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified development experience working on multiple projects
- Provide you with a well established organization that focuses on innovation
What can you do for Cree?
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and determine corrective actions
- Performs electrical and mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning equipment used in the manufacturing process
- Disassembles, repairs/cleans, reassembles equipment including valves, pumps and any other equipment in need of repair
- Perform routine repairs on equipment
- Provide flexibility for 24 X 7 technical support for critical ongoing projects, installations and repairs
- Use test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment checks
- Provide hands on support to any areas in need of maintenance or repair
What you need for success:
- Associates degree in an engineering or technology discipline or equivalent military experience
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems and electronic circuitry
- Must have attention to detail and the desire to learn a new field of discipline
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and maintenance manuals
- Understanding of vacuum and gas delivery systems
- PC experience – MS Word, Excel
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be very dexterous – will be required to work on small assemblies.
Previous relevant equipment training and experience in a technical production environment
Candidates subject to criminal background check and pre-employment drug test.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top