Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
Cree | Wolfspeed’s Global Operations Team is seeking a Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician to support the Power & RF Wafer Fab manufacturing areas. The Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician is responsible for all aspects of repairs, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance related to the semiconductor fab. This includes assigned projects and working to improve/sustain system availability, reliability and maintainability.
This is a 12-hour night shift position.
Initially, this position will be located at our Durham, North Carolina facility. After two to four years (depending on business needs and the progress of construction), this position will relocate to our new facility in the Utica, New York area to support our expansion plans.
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Install, modify, and repair all fab semiconductor processing equipment
- Perform at a high level using hand tools and electrical/mechanical measurement devices
- Perform high level vacuum system repairs
- In-depth use of electrical and/or mechanical drawings during troubleshoot efforts
- Assist in training and hands-on skill development of new or existing team members in areas/tools of expertise
- Review, update and/or develop maintenance procedures to match best practices
- Recommend PM interval changes based on repair data and PM findings
- Record parts and materials used and ensure ordering of new parts/materials
- Work with and capture training, lessons learned and troubleshooting skills from tool vendor field service engineering when onsite
- Understand and perform various leak check methods on all systems and/or components
- Ensure documents are accurate for PM and repair data
- Provide communication to all fab members by following proper escalation procedures
- Complete assigned tasks, goals, and critical objectives to meet committed schedules
- Promote and mandate safe working/housekeeping practices within the team
- Foster teamwork and support team-building activities
- Emergency Response Team participation/membership
- AAS in a technology discipline or equivalent military experience
- 5+ years experience in an industrial mechanical/electrical equipment maintenance position
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on maintenance or engineering capacity
- Full understanding of mechanical, electrical and P&ID drawings for semiconductor equipment repair
- Full understanding of detailed vacuum system operations and troubleshooting
- Able to work overtime to support business needs
- Able to work in clean room for extended period
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude
- This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the Company.
- Direct experience working on equipment in one or more of the following areas: Deposition, Implant, Photolithography, Etch, Anneal or Diffusion
- Expert in various methods of leak checking vacuum systems
- Expert level of skill in maintaining and installing a wide variety of electrical and semiconductor components; including electrical boards, valves, pumps and motors
- Work effectively and take initiative with little continuous direct supervision
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top