Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
The Wolfspeed Materials R&D is looking for a high potential, resourceful, problem solving Sr. Equipment Engineering Technician experienced in the design and manufacturing field. The person in this role will be responsible for performing equipment startup, modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting and maintenance on R&D systems. Strong analytical and communication skills are necessary to enable successful execution of both new process equipment and improvement of existing systems.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Join the company that is a global leader in the manufacturing of 4H Silicon Carbide (SiC) substrates, SiC and III-Nitride epitaxial wafers.
- Be part of the team that has long proven expertise in SiC and GaN materials technology advancement with the focus and commitment to bring high quality solution platforms across all applications
- The world runs on power and our SiC wide bandgap semiconductors far outperform conventional silicon components and set new standards for efficiency and reliability
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Implement the efforts to develop, build, and improve integrated systems involving high-temperatures, water-cooling, gas-flow, and high-vacuum systems in a production environment to produce the highest quality SiC crystals possible.
- Interact with scientists and engineers and equipment technicians to implement/identify flexible and cost-effective solutions in areas of crystal and wafer production.
- Development of appropriate tolerances to ensure alignment and precision as well as operational stability and low cost.
- Write documentation for construction and maintenance of systems that are developed.
- Establish procedures for certification of systems as ready-for-production.
- Interact with vendors to establish timelines and ensure adherence to those timelines and deliverables for projects.
- Work on several projects, simultaneously and successfully, in complete ownership in a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
What you need for success
- AS/BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent manufacturing/machining/design experience
- 5+ years of experience in design and/or equipment modification/manufacturing environment
- Hands-on experience for parts prototyping and installation
- Experience in metal fabrication/machining operations
- Knowledge in one or more 3D CAD packages: PTC Creo, AutoCAD/Inventor, Dassault SolidWorks
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- Experience on metalworking including welding, machining, sheet metal operations
- Knowledge of vacuum and gas delivery systems
- Working knowledge of electrical and electronics systems
- Relevant direct hands-on experience or education in a related high technology field
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top