Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
Cree | Wolfspeed's Global Operations team is seeking a Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician. This position is for a mid-level technician that will provide equipment maintenance support for the wafer fab. This individual must be able to work a 12-hour shift in support of a 24/7 operation. Successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to perform corrective and preventative maintenance tasks designed to improve equipment availability and reliability of semiconductor equipment. Successful candidate will have strong troubleshooting, communication, and teamwork skills.
Initially, this position will be located at our Durham, North Carolina facility. After two to four years (depending on business needs and the progress of construction), this position will relocate to our new facility in the Utica, New York area to support our expansion plans.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on tools in accordance with equipment specifications.
- Performs root cause troubleshooting of down equipment.
- Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles equipment according to operating manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Use test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment checks.
- Works with process engineers to understand process-equipment interactions and limitations relative to operating specs.
- Performs project work to improve tool performance and availability.
What you need for success:
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years equipment maintenance experience on semiconductor tools.
- Ability to read and understand technical instructions, schematics, and maintenance manuals.
- Must be able to lift 65 lbs.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter. Able to perform with little direction/supervision.
- Strong sense of ownership in work performed.
- This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the Company.
Preferred skills and certifications:
- Experience working on the following tools – EVG Bonder, OnTrack Scrubber, Strasbaugh Grinder, Disco Saws and Probers.
- Experience with implementing and sustaining lean concepts and systems.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Team player with a positive attitude and a high level of dependability.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top