Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
Cree | Wolfspeed's Global Operations team is seeking a Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician. The primary focus of this position will be to work on a team of engineers, maintenance personnel and production technicians to support production functions in the Surface Prep department.
This is a 12-hour night shift position.
- Performs Electro-mechanical root cause troubleshooting of semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles equipment according to operating manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Use test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment checks
- Works with process engineers to understand process-equipment interactions and limitations relative to operating specs
- As needed, modifies equipment to improve up- time or overall process performance
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on tools in accordance with equipment specifications
- Supports production and process as needed
- AA Degree in engineering discipline or military equivalent
- 3 years equipment maintenance experience
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and maintenance manuals
- Working knowledge of high vacuum equipment, electronic circuitry and PLC controllers
- Organized, neat, detailed, conscientious, and thorough
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- PC experience – MS Word, Excel, Access
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the Company.
- Very dexterous – will be required to work on small assemblies
- Ability to work in a clean room environment
- Ability to work around compressed gasses, acids, solvents, slurry, vacuum pump oils and other chemicals
- Ability to lift
- Willing to wear a pager and work overtime to support needs of business
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 + years semiconductor equipment maintenance repair experience
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top