Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
Electrical Technician who has experience assembling and wiring control panels/boxes. Must be able to read schematics and blue prints. Experience with cable harnesses is highly desirable. Allen Bradley PLC knowledge is a highly desirable. Associates Degree in an Engineering discipline is preferred but not absolutely required. Prefer industrial manufacturing background. This role will be responsible for a diverse mixture of activities with a strong emphasis on hands-on detailed point-to-point wiring, cable routing, and other equipment design implementation and fabrication activities.
As a member of the Materials Equipment team, this position will be responsible for performing equipment startup, modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting and maintenance on production and R&D systems. There will be direct interaction with process engineering and other groups to meet department and Cree goals.
This position will work on a Monday - Friday day shift schedule, but the specific work hours have not been confirmed. The pay range for this position is $14 - $20/hr, dependent on EDU and relevant skills/experience.
What can Cree do for you?
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified experience working with engineering staff on multiple projects
- Opportunity to expand electrical knowledge, skills, and abilities
What can you do for Cree?
- Build and install panels.
- Interpret schematics and blue prints.
- Understand and make minor modifications to electrical schematics including power and control circuits noting any corrections.
- Wire fixtures, electrical panels and equipment.
- Assemble electrical panels with a high degree of efficiency and quality by proper interpretations of the drawings.
- Debug electrical control circuits and/or mechanical equipment failure.
- Manipulate PLC programming with some support, including uploads, downloads, addressing, step circuits, and online debug.
- Understand mechanical equipment and operations.
- Utilize Microsoft Office to do word processing, basic spreadsheets, and basic presentations efficiently.
- Work a flexible schedule which may include weekends and rotating shifts.
- Communicate effectively and professionally. Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
What you need for success:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Electronic fields preferred, or two or more years of relevant work experience.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top