Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
The Power and RF team is looking for an Equipment Technician to support the Power & RF Wafer Fab manufacturing areas. This is a 12 hour shift position that reports into the equipment group. The Equipment Technician is responsible for all aspects of repairs; troubleshooting and preventive maintenance related to the semiconductor fab including assigned projects work to improve / sustain system availability, reliability and maintainability.
What can Cree do for you?
- This role is perfect for someone looking to expand their experience in the semiconductor industry
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified experience working with engineering staff on multiple projects
- Opportunity to expand electrical knowledge, skills, and abilities
What can you do for Cree?
- Perform preventive maintenance, installs, modifies, and repairs, all fab semiconductor processing equipment.
- Perform at a high level using hand tools and electrical/mechanical measurement devices
- Perform high level vacuum system repairs
- In depth use of electrical and/or mechanical drawings during troubleshoot efforts
- Assist in training and hands on skill development of new or existing team members in areas/tools of expertise
- Review and updates and/or develops maintenance procedures to match best practices
- Recommend PM intervals changes based on repair data and PM findings
- Actively participate in project activities as assigned
- Record parts and materials used, and ensures ordering of new parts and materials as necessary.
- Work with and capture training, lessons learned and troubleshooting skills from tool vendor field service engineering when onsite
- Understand and perform various leak check methods on all systems and/or components
- Ensures documents are accurate for PM and repair data in the maintenance program
- Provide communication to all fab members by following proper escalation procedures
- Complete assigned tasks, goals, and critical objectives to meet committed schedules
- Promote and mandates safe working and housekeeping practices within the team
- Foster teamwork and support team-building activities
- Emergency Response Team participation/membership.
What you need for success:
- 5+ years experience in a industrial mechanical, electrical equipment maintenance position
- 5+ years service in a hands-on maintenance or engineering capacity
- Full understanding of mechanical, electrical and P&ID drawings for semiconductor equipment repair
- Full understanding of detailed vacuum system troubleshooting and operations
- Experience maintaining and installing a wide variety of electrical and semiconductor components including electrical boards, valves, pumps and motors.
- Familiar with various methods of leak checking vacuum systems
- Able to work overtime to support business needs.
- Able to work in clean room for extended period of time.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude. “Do whatever it takes” work ethic.
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder.
- Direct experience working on equipment in one or more of the following areas: Deposition, Implant, Photolithography, Etch, Anneal or Diffusion.
- 10+ years experience in a industrial mechanical, electrical equipment maintenance position at a chemical or semiconductor site
- 10+ years service in a hands-on maintenance or engineering capacity
- Expert in various methods of leak checking vacuum systems
- Expert level of skill in maintaining and installing a wide variety of electrical and semiconductor components including electrical boards, valves, pumps and motors.
- Work effectively and take initiative with little continuous direct supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top