Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
This position provides manufacturing equipment sustaining support for the Wafer fab and adjacent semiconductor manufacturing areas. This individual will work on one of the 4 dedicated 12-hour shifts in support of a 24/7 operation. Successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to perform corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance tasks designed to improve / sustain equipment availability, reliability and maintainability. Successful experienced candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong troubleshooting capability and exemplary “root cause” corrective skills and techniques.
- Performs Electro-mechanical root cause troubleshooting of semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles equipment according to operating manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment checks.
- Works with process engineers to understand process-equipment interactions and limitations relative to operating specs.
- As needed, modifies equipment to improve up- time or overall process performance.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on tools in accordance with equipment specifications.
- Supports production as needed.
- AAS in Electronics Technology or military electronics equivalent
- Able to read and interpret instructions, schematics, and maintenance manuals
- Minimum of 5 years equipment maintenance experience
- Knowledge of vacuum and gas delivery systems
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Must be able to lift 65 lbs.
- Strong work ethic and self starter. Able to perform assigned tasks with little direction/supervision.
- Strong sense of ownership in work performed.
- Minimum of 3 years equipment maintenance experience on semiconductor tools.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering disciplines
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top