Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
As a member of the Crystal Growth Equipment team, the person in this role will be responsible for performing equipment startup, modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting and maintenance on production and R&D systems. This role will interact directly with process engineering and other groups to meet department and Cree goals. Successful candidates will have a strong team mentality and strong communication skills. Candidates working in this area must exhibit and mandate safe working practices. This role will also be responsible for a diverse mixture of activities with a strong emphasis on hands-on mechanical assembly, high vacuum systems, and light electrical work.
What can Cree do for you?
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified experience working on multiple projects
- Opportunity to expand knowledge, skills, and abilities
What can you do for Cree?
- Provide equipment support to improve tool performance
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions (to board level in some cases), determine corrective actions, and implement these actions
- Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts
- Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required
- Provide flexibility for 7 X 24 technical support for critical ongoing projects, installations, and repairs
What you need for success:
- Associates degree in an engineering or technology discipline or equivalent military experience
- Strong hands-on based mechanical aptitude; using common hand and power tools, good vacuum practices, and attention to detail
- Mechanical background - because of the uniqueness of the equipment, candidates will not possess prior experience on Cree’s specific equipment
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems
- Ability to read and understand electrical wiring, block, and schematic diagrams
- Ability and desire to learn new fields of discipline
- Experience with MS Office Excel
- Knowledge of vacuum and gas delivery systems
- Working knowledge of advanced electrical and electronic systems
- Relevant direct hand’s on experience or education in a related high technology field
- Semiconductor background
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top