Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
The individual selected for this position will be part of a team responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance of Semiconductor equipment.
Performs Electro-mechanical root cause troubleshooting of semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles equipment according to operating manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Use test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment checks.
- Works with process engineers to understand process-equipment interactions and limitations relative to operating specs.
- As needed, modifies equipment to improve up- time or overall process performance.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on tools in accordance with equipment specifications.
- Supports production as needed.
- Associates Degree in Electronics Technology or similar technical degree
- 2 + years semiconductor equipment maintenance repair experience or equivalent military experience.
- Able to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and maintenance manuals
- Understanding of high vacuum equipment, electronic circuitry and PLC controllers
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Preferred 4+ years of semiconductor system maintenance and repair experience or equivalent military experience.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment.
- Must be organized, neat, detailed, conscientious, and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- PC experience – MS Word, Excel, Access
- Will work around compressed gasses, acids, solvents vacuum pump oils, and other chemicals.
- Must be able to regularly lift 65 lbs
- Must be very dexterous – will be required to work on small assemblies.
- Must be computer literate.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top