Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
Cree | Wolfspeed’s Global Operations Team is seeking a Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician. This position provides manufacturing equipment sustaining support for the Wafer Fab and adjacent semiconductor manufacturing areas. A successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to perform corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance tasks designed to improve/sustain equipment availability, reliability and maintainability. Successful experienced candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong troubleshooting capability and exemplary “root cause” corrective skills and techniques.
Initially, this position will be located at our Durham, North Carolina facility. After two to four years (depending on business needs and the progress of construction), this position will relocate to our new facility in the Utica, New York area to support our expansion plans.
This is a 12-hour night shift position.
- Performs Electro-mechanical root cause troubleshooting of semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Disassembles, repairs, and reassembles equipment according to operating manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment checks.
- Works with process engineers to understand process-equipment interactions and limitations relative to operating specs.
- As needed, modifies equipment to improve up- time or overall process performance.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on tools in accordance with equipment specifications.
- Supports production as needed.
- AAS in Electronics Technology or equivalent military electronics experience
- 3+ years equipment maintenance experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, schematics, and maintenance manuals
- Working knowledge of vacuum and gas delivery systems
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, ability to perform assigned tasks with little direction/supervision
- Must be able to lift 65 lbs.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the Company.
- 3+ years equipment maintenance experience on semiconductor tools
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering disciplines
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top