Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
As a member of the Crystal Growth Equipment team, the person in this role will be responsible for performing equipment startup, modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting and maintenance on production and R&D systems. This role will interact directly with process engineering and other groups to meet department and Cree goals. Successful candidates will have a strong team mentality and strong communication skills. Candidates working in this area must exhibit and mandate safe working practices. This role will also be responsible for a diverse mixture of activities with a strong emphasis on hands-on mechanical assembly, high vacuum systems, and light electrical work.
- Provide equipment support to improve tool performance
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions (to board level in some cases), determine corrective actions, and implement these actions
- Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts
- Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required
- Provide flexibility for 7 X 24 technical support for critical ongoing projects, installations, and repairs
What you need for success:
- Associates degree in an engineering or technology discipline or equivalent military experience
- Strong hands-on based mechanical aptitude; using common hand and power tools, good vacuum practices, and attention to detail
- Mechanical background - because of the uniqueness of the equipment, candidates will not possess prior experience on Cree’s specific equipment
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems
- Ability to read and understand electrical wiring, block, and schematic diagrams
- Ability and desire to learn new fields of discipline
- Experience with MS Office Excel
- Knowledge of vacuum and gas delivery systems
- Working knowledge of advanced electrical and electronic systems
- Relevant direct hand’s on experience or education in a related high technology field
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top