Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician
Cree has an opening for a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician position. This position is located at our Racine, WI location.
The Service Technician is responsible for programming, maintenance, repairs and support of automated and electro-mechanical production equipment in accordance with safety, quality, and productivity requirements of a 24/7 operation. They assemble and rebuild electro-mechanical equipment that services production, such as robotic cells, test equipment, control systems, etc. They receive job assignments from Equipment Support Manager, Supervisor, Team Leader, Senior Service Technician, or designated management.
What can Cree do for you?
- Provide an opportunity for professional growth and upward mobility.
- Put your technical support skills to the test in a challenging, high-volume environment
What are you do for Cree?
- Programming, maintenance and troubleshooting of all robotic cells.(ABB, Fanuc, UR)
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs production electronic test equipment, control systems and safety systems related to production.
- Engages in preventative maintenance and repair of the aforementioned systems.
- Assists production to resolve process and performance issues.
- Assembles new and reconditioned equipment to specification.
- Documents service calls and maintains equipment records.
- Work with design engineering and suppliers to ensure equipment is running properly and efficiently.
- Performs and maintains inventory of replacement parts, dealing with vendors to locate and order parts to keep equipment running and to maintain production schedules.
- Set-up and operate machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools. Operates hand and power tools.
- Operate cutting torch and/or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Performs work in a safe manner, including using the Lockout-Tagout procedures. Promotes and supports the maintenance of a safe, accident-free, and healthy work environment. Ability to identify potential safety and performance issues and communicate those issues effectively to the department leads.
- Supports and maintains TPM initiatives.
- Performs, supports, and sustains 5S initiatives within the department and throughout the facility.
- Assist Facility Maintenance when help is needed.
What you need for success
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and maintenance instructions
- Ability to add subtract, multiple and divide
- Work in a physically demanding work environment
- Two year technical degree in robotics or electronics preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with the programming and maintenance of robot and controller systems (ABB, Fanuc preferred), electronics related field and/or relevant work experience preferred.
- High School diploma or GED required.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top